Supervisor training will help your company to get your management staff in the best possible shape and ready to lead your company. A strong management staff means your employees will be led and directed to be the best workers possible. Effective and efficient management is the main goal of supervisor training.
Benefits of Supervisor Training
Recognizing the benefits of supervisor training will help you to understand why it is something you should implement in your company. The benefits you get as a result of training are far reaching. The benefits are realized with supervising staff, employees, executives and the company as a whole.
Training will teach employees how to build customer loyalty and retain customers. It will help to increase productivity and teach skills needed for effective supervising.
Training also helps with employee management. It will help in the retention of employees and the hiring of new employees that will benefit the company.
UBUHLE HR has two options for SUPERVISORY DEVELOPMENT:
1. The Supervisory Development Programme (non- credit bearing)
2. The accredited Supervisory Management Programme (credit bearing)
1.THE SUPERVISORY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (NON- CREDIT BEARING)
The UBUHLE Supervisory Development process is a structured, open-ended, pragmatic approach to developing supervisors. It is not a teaching program, but a developing programme designed to engage supervisors in a process that results in personal and professional growth.
Target group: This programme is aimed at newly appointed managers, company supervisors and team leaders. (Paterson C band)
Objective of the Programme: It helps supervisors understand their roles and provides them with tools for achieving sustainable organizational goals. It focuses upon setting clear outputs for subordinates and monitoring these in line with improving performance and productivity. It explores the skills and behaviours needed for managing oneself and building high performing teams.
Methodology: On completion of each module, the delegate will be required to apply the principles learnt in the ‘classroom’, in the workplace and present proof of implementation during the next workshop. The learner’s immediate manager/mentor will be required to sign off developed plans of implementation and a learner progress questionnaire.
Duration: The Supervisory Programme is 10 days in duration. The 10 days may be structured to the operational needs of the organisation.
* A customised programme can also be compiled by selecting only modules which are relevant to the needs of the organisation or group.
Outcome: Well-rounded individuals with the capacity to apply self- and team management principles and a clear understanding of his/her role and responsibility within the broader organisational context and business environment.
• Professional and personal growth of current/potential supervisors.
• Highly customisable with Organisation specific templates, case studies and workplace challenges.
• Immediate application of taught principles.
• Continuous manager/mentor involvement.
• Monthly report on learner progress.
• Measurement tool to assess application and changed management behaviour.
- UBUHLE HR Certificate of Achievement (if all criteria are met).
- UBUHLE HR Certificate of Attendance (should criteria not be met)
3.THE ACCREDITED SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME (CREDIT BEARING)(SAQA)
The below Supervisory Management Programme is a 12 month programme accredited by the Services Seta. On completion of this structured 12 month programme the delegates who are competent will receive a National Certificate in Generic Management.
The delegates will attend classroom facilitation for 2 -3 days p/month for 12 months.
FET Certificate: Generic Management NQF 4: Qualification ID 63333 (150 credits)
This qualification is intended for junior managers of small organisations, junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations, or those aspiring to these positions. Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
This qualification has been designed to enable learners to be competent in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
• Gathering and analysing information.
• Analysing events that impact on a business and its competitive environment.
• Complying with organisational standards.
• Motivating an individual or team.
• Negotiating in a work situation.
• Understanding the role of business strategy as it applies to junior management.
• Managing the budget within a specific area of responsibility.
• Applying management principles and practices within a specific area of responsibility.
• Managing work unit performance to achieve goals.
• National Certificate in Management NQF 4 > Issued by the Services SETA (SAQA)
For more information on the content and cost of both programmes, please contact UBUHLE HR.